Monday 23 December 2013

Posties left out in the cold at Xmas

Roy Mayall tells us how it is for posties this Christmas. The season of goodwill it's not... It's quite a sad story.

"All the goodwill I used to have has gone. I no longer feel any loyalty towards the company I work for. Years of being sidelined and ignored, of a failure to consult over the most fundamental aspects of my working life, has left me feeling estranged. I used to love my work. These days it's "just a job": something I do because I have to, not because it gives my life any meaning any more.
 Continues at The Guardian - Comment is Free 


Roy Mayall is a pseudonym for a postal worker who has been in the job for about five years and works in a delivery office somewhere in the south-east of England. He writes a blog at roymayall.wordpress.com