Wednesday 30 July 2014

Design: Eid & Ramadan

Mosques of Iran.

To mark the end of Ramadan, please enjoy these beautiful photographs by Mohammad Reza Domiri Ganji - age 23.

"In Iran, we have many historical sites - but some of the greatest are places of worship like mosques. As we have a grand mosque in every big city there are many historical buildings with lots of beautiful mosaics to capture.

I like looking for the symmetry, mosaics and artworks in these temples. I like how they let the light come inside and columns are special too as they divide interior space and give some depth.

Maybe some of these historical sites will not exist in 20 years or change a lot during that time. When I am capturing these pictures, I think about how they will be recorded and in future I hope people will be able to see their beauty."




















More:  
His Facebook page
His 500px page
Daily Mail feature